Yoowinna Wurnalung Healing Service (YWHS) provides programs and services that support and empower East Gippsland Aboriginal communities to respond to and prevent family violence.
- Advocacy and support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and families
- Family Therapy
- Family Violence Educational programs
- Family Violence Preventative programs
- Supporting Women’s and Men’s groups
- Partnership projects
- Outreach services
- Aboriginal Men’s Time Out Service, including leadership programs and Men’s support programs and activities’
- Referrals – internal and external
GLCH auspices and works closely with YWHS.
Who can use this service?
The Yoowinna Wurnalung Healing and Time Out Services provides a range of general and specialist services to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women, youth, Elders, families and children who are victims and perpetrators of violence in addition to prevention and education and awareness activities to Indigenous individuals, communities and Indigenous and non Indigenous organisations in the East Gippsland Region.